SLMDC DEPENDS ON THE CONCEPT OF QUALITY CIRCLES
To improve the performance of organization, informal groups of employees are encouraged to meet together on a regular basis to identify, define, analyze and solve work related issues such as;
- Promote job involvement
- Create problem solving capability
- Improve communication
- Promote leadership qualities
- Promote personal development
- Develop a greater awareness for housekeeping
- Develop greater awareness for safety
- Improve morale through closer identification of employee objectives with organization's objectives
- Reduce errors.
- Enhance quality
- Inspire more effective team work.
- Promote cost reduction
- Develop harmonious manager, supervisor and worker relationship
- Improve productivity
- Reduce downtime of machines and equipment
- Increase employee motivation
SLMDC believes that QA is process oriented and QC is product oriented.
QA deals in developing plans to assure quality of a product or to meet desired objectives.
QC deals in developing activities to evaluate a developed product or a project under execution, e.g. testing; evaluations etc.
Our QA engineers would develop a quality plan, methodologies, procedures and method statements based on customer requirements, project requirements and international standards.
Our QC engineers would test, monitor and evaluate so that all requirements of the quality plan are met during execution and all objectives are met after execution.